Friday, June 21, 2013

Kale Chips- A Healthy, Delicious Snack!

Kale Chips have been my new obsession lately!  I LOVE chips- a little too much, so I have been on the hunt of how I can can cut back and find a healthier alternative.  So I recently found the probably the HEALTHIEST alternative that will still give me the same great crunchy, salty flavor I crave from my Lays- KALE CHIPS!!  Kale is a superfood that is extremely good for us, so I am trying to eat more and more of it!  It does have a very bold, strong flavor so for some it might take some getting used to.  But once you start to adapt a taste to them, you will not be able to stop--just thought I would warn you in advance!

Ingredients: 

  • Bunch of Kale
  • Olive Oil
  • Sea Salt
  • Garlic Powder (optional)
(Thats it!  Just those 4 simple, easy ingredients!)

Directions: 
  1. Preheat over to 350 degrees.
  2. Wash and dry the kale leaves.
  3. Remove the leaves from their stems.  
  4. Place the kale on a baking sheet and pour on the olive oil.
  5. Be sure to really massage the oil into all the leaves.
  6. Sprinkle with Sea Salt and add a pinch of garlic powder- this is optional, but it is very tastyyy so I definitely recommend it!
  7. Spread the leaves around so that they aren't touching.
  8. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10-15 mins.
  9. Let cool, and ENJOY!

Soph

No comments:

Post a Comment