Saturday, June 15, 2013

Coconut Oil

Coconut oil has been becoming more and more popular.  And I can see why- there is pretty much nothing this oil can't do!  It's the new craze that everyone wants to find out more about..and I don't blame them, I am pretty much addicted and use it for just about everything!  Some people think its strictly for cooking and baking, and others know the benefits it has on our  bodies and hair- like me!  I pretty much replaced all my lotions with coconut oil.  I first started to dig into my research after I was hearing talk that it can help cure KP (Keratosis Pilaris).. also known as "chicken skin"- but I don't go by that, who wants to say they have "chicken skin".. like seriously!  So anyway, just after a few weeks of using the oil I saw a HUGE difference! And now I absolutely SWEAR by it!!  Before I discovered coconut oil, I tried just about everything on the market and nothing was working.  I was so frustrated that I just wanted to give up.  I am sooo happy and relieved that I FINALLY found a product that actually works and that can be useful for many other things as well!.. SO if you are one that does not suffer from the horrible KP but may suffer from other things- lets find out if coconut oil is your CURE!



1. Itchy Legs from your Shaving Cream:  If you are one like me that suffers in the winter (or year round) with itchy legs, then this is your CURE!  For the longest time I could not figure out what was causing my legs to itch so bad, I knew it wasn't any of my lotions because before coconut oil I was using all natural, unscented scrubs and lotions, until I realized my shaving cream was not one of them!  So a friend of mine suggested me to use my coconut oil for in the shower as well as after in replace of my shaving cream.  Bye Bye itchy leg syndrome!!

2. Body Lotion: As I mentioned above, I use coconut oil in replace of my body lotion.  I exfoliate in the shower then immediately after lather my entire body with the oil.  You do not need much- a little goes a far way!  It helps with roughness (red bumps), and dryness.  In just weeks you will notice a difference- I PROMISE!

3. Frizz Control: All us girls can all relate to this one..especially in the summer time!  The oil helps those little annoying flyaways!  You can also use it after the shower when your hair is damp to add some shine and help with dryness.  Just take a small amount and rub it in your hands then run your fingers through the ends of your hair.


Soph

No comments:

Post a Comment